[poppler] rendering pages from PDFs to PNG [SOLVED - code wanted?]

Hans-Werner Hilse hilse at sub.uni-goettingen.de
Fri Feb 17 12:19:45 PST 2006

Hi again,

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 19:33:52 +0000 Hans-Werner Hilse
<hilse at sub.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:

> As the whole conversion adds no new library dependencies, I'd like to
> offer the code for "pdftopng" (based on cairo) for inclusion either
> into poppler/test or even into poppler/utils, as it may well be an
> useful utility (there's already pdftoppm, but that utilizes the Splash
> device).

OK, I've made it available here (probably not for more than a week):

http://arbeit.hilses.de/~hw/pdftopng-cairo.cc

I'll prepare a patch over the weekend, depending on feedback here
(utils? test?)... Hopefully it's useful for people.

It still doesn't catch the case that libcairo was compiled without png
support. I'll add this to. And it may be sensible to adopt pdftoppm's
command line syntax...

As a side note: Doing this via cairo seems to take lots of time. I
tracked it down to libfontconfig. Can anybody help me to shed some
light on this?

-hwh