[poppler] evas support for poppler

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Mon Jan 9 13:12:04 PST 2006

> > Some comments:
> >
> > 1) in the configure.ac, i've only tested if evas and ecore are installed.
> > I've not add some --disable-evas. Should I add it ?
> It would be nice as all the other frontends seem to have it.

ok, i'll add it

> > 3) I don't know what licence to use. What should I use ?
> Well, you have to use GPL or GPL-compatible, since poppler is GPL, i don't
> know what is the license of evas, but i hope it to be GPL compatible, if not
> we have a problem there

It's BSD, so I think that it's GPL-compatible. At least, one told me that
there is no problem at all.

> > 5) all the utf8 stuff is not supported, simply because I have no idea on
> > how to manage it
> That can/should be improved in the future, are you commited to try to
> mantain/improve evas frontend?

I'm ready to maintain the evas frontend.

> > I have tested the binding and even made a widget for one of the toolkit,
> > and it seems to work great. Btw, that library is quite good.

About the licence, it seems that i have to add also the widgets in
poppler, as there is some licence problem with poppler and the toolkits.
I've already written one of the two. I need to add some checks to
configure.ac

Vincent