[poppler] Re: Alternate Patch for CharCodeToUnicode.cc,1.3,1.4

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Jan 20 15:26:17 PST 2006

A Divendres 20 Gener 2006 22:30, vàreu escriure:
> On Saturday 21 January 2006 08:22 am, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Is he aware that the patches are not yours but from poppler and so he can
> > NOT add our (or at least mine) code to xpdf?
>
> Well, he can, but only if he releases GPL and not under some other license.
Well, i simply don't think he is going to do the GPL releases with our patches
in and the commercial releases without our patches. It is simply
unmantainable.

> For some patches, I'd like to merge them back to xpdf (so the next resync
> is easier for us). The one I'm thinking of that might be particularly
> important is the UGooString stuff (and your other work on the embedded
> files patch). Thoughts?

Well, my code is mine, i am not going to let him relicense my code to sell it.
If he wants to do that, i'll sell him my agreement if he wants. I'm not going
to let him do business at the cost of the sleep time i loose working on
poppler.

Of course, he is free to try to write the same patches we do, but not having a
look at our code is better for him to be sure he does not copy some code by
mistake.

Albert

P.S: The ONLY reason i could think of giving Derek the right to relicense my
code for free would be if he joined poppler, that is, developed xpdf inside
poppler, but that's not going to happen, unfortunately.