[poppler] serialata10a.pdf patch

Christian Krause krause.chr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 11:50:09 PST 2006

Hi Albert,

Please apologize my late reply.

On 1/7/06, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> Following nice suggestions to use the xref to check length i've done this
> patch.
> It is completely tailored to this error as there are some more shift i could
> pass the objNum, but i as the seraching if you are still inside the xref is
> quite expensive i think we can add them in steps as we go on discovering pdf
> that fail.
>
> Comments?

Thank you very much for your effort solving the problem.

I've tried out your patch (without my "goostring"-patch) and it works well.
There is only a very little glitch when using bookmarks around the
broken pdf code: when using 6.6.4.6 to navigate evince jumps to
6.6.4.4. From my point of view this is just a minor issue which is
caused by wrong pdf. Poppler recovers very well. ;-)

I would be glad if this patch could find its way to poppler CVS. ;-)

Best regards,
Christian