[poppler] find all text

Krzysztof Kowalczyk kkowalczyk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 15:45:27 PDT 2006

On 7/21/06, oh.hello.joe at gmail.com <oh.hello.joe at gmail.com> wrote:
> My main interest is not really text neccessarily, but to add an automatic
> crop the margin feature to a pdf viewer.

I was also thinking about smart margin removal but I don't think
zooming in on text would be enough, mostly because it looks like a lot
of PDF files draw the text as graphic and slideshow-style PDF would
probably look weird if cropped to the text.

The solution I was thinking about (but have not implemented) is to
detect areas of solid color at the edges (in a rendered bitmap), and
crop to that. That would only work if the app asks for the whole
bitmap for the page (poppler is more flexible than that and it seems
like it can render parts of pages). That method could be implemented
on top of poppler.

Just thinking outloud.

Regards,

-- kjk (http://blog.kowalczyk.info)