[poppler] On converting PDFs

Jauco Noordzij jauco at jauco.nl
Mon Jul 24 06:32:12 PDT 2006

My mentor and I talked about SVG's and he indeed mentioned using cairo
(back then I wanted to convert to svg's as a first step to convert to
abw) then he got quite excited about creating svg's without cairo.
It's a nice side project, not to hard (thus far) and it allows me to
learn about both pdf and svg. But the creation of abw's is my main
focus :)

On 7/24/06, Kouhei Sutou <kou at cozmixng.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In <e2a34b300607240528r199d42e1g9244d86f3a964f7d at mail.gmail.com>
>   "[poppler] On converting PDFs" on Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:28:54 +0200,
>   "Jauco Noordzij" <jauco at jauco.nl> wrote:
>
> > P.S. In my spare time I'm also working on an SVGOutputDev so that
> > applications like inkscape can load PDF's and tinker with it.
>
> What about using cairo's SVG surface instead of making
> SVGOutputDev?
>
> My idea:
>   PDF -> Poppler -> CairoOutputDev -> cairo's SVG surface -> SVG
>
> Your idea:
>   PDF -> Poppler -> SVGOutputDev -> SVG
>

> Anyway, we will be happy if Poppler supports SVG output
> without cairo.
>

> Regards,
> --
> kou