[poppler] Win32 portability

Reece Dunn msclrhd at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 4 05:30:09 PDT 2006

Albert Astals Cid wrote:> A Dissabte 03 Juny 2006 23:48, Krzysztof Kowalczyk va escriure:> > Is there interest among poppler developers to maintain win32 portability?> > Well, the fact is that both (yours and Reece) patches are "wrong".>> For example both change the errorFunction definition, that's obviously wrong, > why fix it for windows and break it for the others?The Microsoft compiler doesn't like the __cdecl on the typedef which is why Iremoved them from the signature -- that was the minimalist change in order toget it to build properly. If you say that it breaks things for other platforms,I will take your word for it as I haven't built Poppler on those.My patch will need some work -- especially with the poppler-config.h.in stuff,as I have no idea how that works. I based the changes on the poppler-config.hI am using that works, so if you could help out there then great :).From what you are saying, we need something like:poppler-config.h.in+ #if defined(WIN32) && defined(_MSVC_VER)+ #  define ERROR_DECL // The Microsoft compiler doesn't like CDECL here.+ #else+ #  define CDECL // Needed for Linux and other compilers.+ #endifand then have (something like this as I can't remember the exact declerations):Error.h- typedef void CDECL ( * errorFunction )( ... )+ typedef void ERROR_DECL ( * errorFunction )( ... )That way, everyone's happy :).You gave the Error.h/cc stuff as one of the things that was wrong with ourpatches. Are there any other areas that are wrong so that we can fix themand then submit the updated ones for review.- Reece