[poppler] poppler 0.5.4 coming up

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Wed Sep 20 14:51:48 PDT 2006

Hi,

So it's about time for a new release (well, ok, it's been time for a
new release for a while...).  My plan is to fix 8182 and then do the
release.  Once the release is out, I'll create a 0.5 branch and let
the current 0.5 release series run as a maintenence branch.  HEAD will
then become the new 0.6 branch, and I'm hoping we can start
integrating Krysztof's performance work, the SoC work on forms and
editing PDFs, and there's a couple of glib patches from Kouhei that
will break API that I think we should integrate in 0.6.

There's a bunch of important fixes in CVS and the release is long
overdue so I'd really like to get this out tomorrow at the latest, but
if there's a show-stopper bug you know of that should get fixed before
the release, let me know.

cheers,
Kristian