[poppler] Switching source control tools.

Jeff Muizelaar jeff at infidigm.net
Thu Apr 26 11:52:30 PDT 2007

I sort of hate to bring the issue up because it tends to be contentious.
However, I think we can all agree that there is very little reason to
continue using CVS.

The way I see it, we basically have two options: svn and git.
Personally, I'd prefer git and I'm going to assume Kristian does as
well. However, the most frequent committer is Albert and I'd say there
is no point thinking about git unless he can be convinced.

The big disadvantages to git are probably it's ease of use and windows
portability. Personally, I never really understood CVS and find git much
more logical. I also don't think the windows issue is that big a deal.
Git is completely usable in cygwin and there is also work on a mingw
port. Also, Cairo uses git and it certainly has more active win32
developers and users than poppler does.

So what do people, especially Albert, think? Now that 302 is merged
(thanks Albert) we have time to do less constructive things like argue
about which SCM to use :)

-Jeff