[poppler] Annotation improving

Jeff Muizelaar jeff at infidigm.net
Sun Apr 29 06:42:37 PDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 09:08:36PM +0200, Iñigo Martínez wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I'm trying to improve the Annotations support so I have an idea to
> create a good backend for them in poppler using inheritance and sharing
> as must code as I can. This could mean mayor changes in the actual
> implementation so I have done some changes and I'm sending a patch witch
> represents a basic idea of what i want to do.
>
> Actually I have documented the main Annot specification on the file and
> do a little implementation. My idea is start implementing the base
> Annotations (so i can temporaly move to evince and finnish my soc
> proposal) and then trying to improve further Annotations on poppler.
>
> How do you see this idea ?
>
> Any suggestion is welcome as i don't know if I'm going in the right
> direction.

The patch is very large and I'm not really sure what it all does. It
would be much easier to review if you split into a series of patches.
e.g. cosmetics changes like variable renaming would be in
different patch then functional changes.

And although I'm not very familiar with the code in question it does
look like good work.

Keep it up,

-Jeff