[poppler] Poppler 0.5.91 (0.6 Release Candidate 2) released

Carlos Garcia Campos carlosgc at gnome.org
Wed Aug 15 01:23:02 PDT 2007

El mié, 15-08-2007 a las 02:11 +0200, Albert Astals Cid escribió:
> Available from
> http://poppler.freedesktop.org/poppler-0.5.91.tar.gz
>
> Highlights:
>   - Various memory leaks fixed
>   - Compile with --enable-fixedpoint. Bug #11110
>   - Header cleanup
>   - Remove dependency on debugxml. Bug #11187
>   - Allow access to more document metadata in glib and
> qt4 frontends
>   - Several glib API frontend improvements
>   - Fix crash on accessing embedded files
>   - Build on Sun Force compiler
>   - Render '*' instead of the actual content in
> password form fields
>   - Fix pdftohtml complex output. Bug #9746 and #11610
>   - Windows build fixes
>   - Improve Japanese font support. Bug #11413
>   - Do not exit the program on files that confuse
> libjpeg
>   - Update required cairo version to 1.4
>   - Fix CVE-2007-3387
>
> Testing, patches and bug reports welcome.

Thank you very much, Albert! :-)

> We WERE targetting 27th June for 0.6 :D since that's
> already impossible what about 15th September if
> nothing goes horribly wrong?

would it be possible to do it a bit earlier? 10th September is GNOME
hard code freeze and
19th GNOME 2.20 is out. We are going to break the API in the glib
bindings again (my fault, I wanted to do it before rc2 :-/) so I want
evince 0.10 (to be released for GNOME 2.20) to depend on poppler 0.6
(more API stable).

I know that GNOME schedule can't decide when poppler is released. If
it's a problem, we can consider split the bindings up, like DBus already
did[1]. This way we could, for example, do a release for poppler-qt or
poppler-glib because of an API change or because it's needed for the
project, even if there aren't significant changes in poppler core.

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2006-February/004179.html

--
Carlos Garcia Campos
   elkalmail at yahoo.es