[poppler] [Poppler] Bug in your text matching routine

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Aug 26 12:55:23 PDT 2007

Hi, Ed, today we have discovered that your patch we added for text search in
poppler has a bug.

The problem is, that searching "a" in the attached document (that only
contains "ä") returns true but the returned container rectangle is 0 pixels
width.

Actually i'm not sure if you intended your patch to return true in that case,
but it should either return false or return true with a valid rectangle.

Could you please have a look at soon as possible? We are planning to release a
new version by 3rd september.