[poppler] libjpeg6b and/or libjpeg

stabul yvon.grall at alcatel-lucent.fr
Fri Jun 15 00:29:49 PDT 2007

Hi everybody.
I try to compile poppler-0.5.4 on a Scientific Linux 3.0.7 on which I have
no root right (configuring with the option --prefix=/<my_directory>).
Concerning libjpeg*, the configure script warns :

checking for libjpeg6b... no
checking for libjpeg... -ljpeg
configure: WARNING:
There is an installation error in jpeg support. You seem to have only one
of either the headers _or_ the libraries installed. You may need to either
provide correct --with-extra-... options, or the development package of
libjpeg6b. You can get a source package of libjpeg from http://www.ijg.org/
Disabling JPEG support.

and ends with :

Building poppler with support for:
  use libjpeg:        no

I previously just install the last release of the jpeg library
(jpegsrc.v6b), from the Independent JPEG Group,
but there is no library created or installed with the name "libjpeg6b"...
Only the good old "libjpeg".

So why poppler looks for a libjpeg6b library ?
Why the configure script of poppler conclude by a non-use of libjpeg for the
build, even if it finds libjpeg ?

Thanks a lot for the help,
stabul