[poppler] embedded movies

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Sat Mar 3 18:15:17 PST 2007

On Saturday 03 March 2007 06:31, Olaf Leidinger wrote:
> Hello List!
>
> I'd like to implement support for "embedded movies". As I'm new to
> poppler, I don't know where to start. Could anybody point me the right
> direction?
I'd suggest that you start with the code in poppler/Sound.h and
poppler/Sound.cc. Pino implemented support for embedded sounds, and movies
are quite similar.

> Is there some documentation about the infrastructure of poppler?
The source code is the only documentation I am aware of. Feel free to write
some though!

> The plan is to extend poppler and evince to use something like
> gstreamer to do the playback. I guess  this is going to take a while
> (depending on the amount of work that has to be done), as I don't have
> much time to spend on it -- but this is better than nothing ;-)
I don't think the glib bindings are currently set up to expose the sound
bindings. Perhaps you could do that as an introduction to working on poppler
and evince. Or alternatively, you could just clone the Qt4 code and do the
embedded movie implementation for poppler and okular.

Brad