[poppler] Poppler 0.6.2

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Nov 10 05:11:36 PST 2007

A Dissabte 10 Novembre 2007, Stefan Schweizer va escriure:
> Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > If you have any patches pending for the poppler-0.6 branch, HURRY UP!
>
> Hi,
>
> could you please add CairoOutputDev.h to be copied to /usr/include/poppler?
> That is needed by inkscape, see:
>
> bugs.gentoo.org/197001
> CairoOutputDev.h doesn't get installed with poppler or poppler-bindings

Not really, because two reasons:
a) I've already made the tarballs
and more important
b) CairoOutputDev.h is part of the poppler core which we can't and won't
guarantee any stability, so we won't install it because it will result on
people shouting at us.

And yes, i know it sucks, but people has to learn that using internal poppler
headers is BAD and if that they need some functionality that is not exposed
by current frontends they have to either:
a) write us about expanding current frontends
b) write us about creating a new toolkit-agnostic frontend
c) do it themselves and send us the patch
OBVIOUSLY c) is the preferred way ;-)

Albert