[poppler] Poppler for Windows?

Brad Taylor brad at getcoded.net
Mon Oct 1 11:01:09 PDT 2007

Hey,

> Is there a version of Poppler for Windows ?

We[1] ship Poppler with our Gtk+ installers.  It should be trivial to
grab our poppler dll files[2] and ship them with whatever you need.

Or, you can compile Poppler yourself.  I'm sure you can compile it in
cygwin, but we cross-compile it in Linux.  Just download the poppler
sources to /opt/, apply this patch[3] (it's known to cleanly apply on
0.5.4, YMMV on 0.6), download mingw-configure[4], and:

./mingw-configure --enable-explicit-deps=no --disable-cairo-output
--enable-shared --enable-gtk-test --prefix=/opt/gtk
make install

Make sure you install mingw, and set up your build root as if you were
compiling gtk+[5].

Cheers,

-Brad

--