[poppler] Poppler installation

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Apr 7 13:36:14 PDT 2008

On 7 Apr 2008, at 9:09 pm, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> A Dijous 03 Abril 2008, FamilleCleon va escriure:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am working on Debian etch.
>> I need the poppler-qt4 wrapper, so I downloaded the last version of
>> Poppler (0.8.0)  and tryied to compile it.
>> The problem is that Qt4 has been compiled by me manually and not
>> through
>> packages, and is installed in /opt/qt4.3.3.
>> So how to "explain" this to ./configure (when I launch ./configure
>> without any options, it doesn't find qt4 librairies) ?
>> The "mystery" is that with an old version of poppler (0.5.4),
>> ./configure works (find qt4), and from the next version (0.5.9) to
>> the
>> last one, it doesn't work.
>
> For Qt4 to be found on poppler 0.8 you need it to be found by pkg-
> config, that
> is,
> pkg-config --modversion QtCore
> has to return something and that something has to be >= 4.1.0

Alternatively, it should work to set POPPLER_QT4_CFLAGS and
POPPLER_QT4_LIBS when running ./configure. I'd guess you need
something like this:

   POPPLER_QT4_CFLAGS=-I/opt/qt4.3.3/include POPPLER_QT4_LIBS="-L/opt/
qt4.3.3/lib -lQtCore -lQtGui -lQtXml" ./configure

Add other configure options to suit your needs, of course, and check
if those paths are right; I don't know exactly how your Qt4 is
installed under /opt.

HTH,

JK