[poppler] Printing with poppler on Windows

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Wed Feb 6 06:17:13 PST 2008

I'd like to do the equivalent of "pdftops foo.pdf | lpr" in Windows. That
is, print foo.pdf on the default printer. I like poppler and would love to
use it for this task, if possible. But as I understand it, no such tool is
yet included? Perhaps poppler doesn't even support rendering to GDI at the
moment?

I've found http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/, and it
can be invoked with "-print-to-default". However:

* It does not use the normal poppler library, but rather a fork (and in
newer versions "mupdf" instead).

* It's a GUI application. I'd like a command line one.

* Lots of code. I'd like something small and simple.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer