[poppler] Proposal: Poppler 0.8 release plan

Iñigo Martínez inigomartinez at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 17:25:50 PST 2008

Albert Astals Cid escribió:
| So the 0.8 release date is "aproaching" (we decided it to be 3rd March
2008)
| that means less than two months to go.
|
| Today i merged pdf write and annotations work, that's like 1.5 of the
3 items
| i highlighthed in the last mail about a new poppler release.
|
| Iñigo could you give an estimate of what's missing from the
annotations side?

There are a lot of things missing really. I have done only the base job.
Everything about annotation shapes/appearance is missing, as they are
stream based.

Actually I'm a little busy with university exams, but once I finish them
and I have some spare time, I will be back to work. As I said in the
past, *any* help with streams is welcome as I didn't understand them
correctly. Implementing stream based fields would be a major step forward.

And the second thing, maybe the most important one, annotation writing
support. I need to learn the new code from Julien and add that support
to annotations.