[poppler] saving a form

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Jan 29 11:31:07 PST 2008

A Diumenge 27 Gener 2008, Carlos Garcia Campos va escriure:
> Hi all,
>
> I've noticed that right now, saveAs will always save the changes of an
> already filled form so that it's impossible to save a copy of the pdf
> document without saving the contents of the form fields. 	You would have
> to manually reset the form, or close the document and reopen it again. I
> think there are (at least) two possible solutions:
>
>  * Adding a new write method to saveAs

When you say method you mean a new PDFWriteMode enum value? I would disagree
to that because the current enum values have nothing to do with what is
saved, they are about how it's saved, and mixing them seems quite weird.

>  * Adding a new method saveACopy that never saves the changes and would
> be used by saveAs when the write method is Standard and there are no
> changes.

What about saveUnchangedCopy or saveCopyWithoutChanges? I think that's ok.

BTW, just to be sure if the document originally has values on the forms,
saveACopy/saveUnchangedCopy/saveCopyWithoutChanges will still leave them
there, right?