[poppler] CMake build system, few instructions

Pino Toscano pino at kde.org
Wed Jan 30 14:41:19 PST 2008

Hi,

as promised (and w/ no objections), I committed the CMake-based buildsystem.
It should be working more or less like the autotools, the only TODO left is
gtk-doc.
To compile using cmake, you can do something like that:
$ cd poppler
$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ cmake [options] ..
$ make [install]
(I suggest a separate build directory, it's more clean; not mandatory though)

For the options, you have to pass them as command line arguments in cmake's
format, that is -Dkey=value. Some useful "mapping" from ./configure syntax to
cmake's:
-) --prefix=/foo -> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/foo
-) --compile-warnings=yes/no/kde -> -DCOMPILE_WARNINGS=yes/no/kde
-) --{enable,disable}-foo-bar -> -DENABLE_FOO_BAR={ON,OFF}
   eg --enable-xpdf-headers -> -DENABLE_XPDF_HEADERS=ON
   you can find the right "key" for the boolean options by looking at the
top-level CMakeLists.txt, the option() commands

Note: cmake by default builds w/ RPATH enabled, you may want to disable it by
adding -DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH=ON to the options.

For any other doubt, or question, just ask :)

--
Pino Toscano