[poppler] Optional Content Properties

Carlos Garcia Campos carlosgc at gnome.org
Fri Jun 20 03:12:45 PDT 2008

Hi all,

according to the spec the optional content properties dictionary "is
required if the file contains any optional content; if it is missing, a
PDF consumer should ignore any optional  content structures in the
document". However we are always creating an OCGs object in the Catalog
which caused some crashes that were already fixed by this commit

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=poppler/poppler.git;a=commit;h=ff699e64bd1de78915aad4ddb79d6f529aef2b87

it doesn't crash anymore, but it still shows warnings like this

Error: Could not find a OCG with Ref (10:0)

I think we shouldn't create the OCGs object if the document doesn't have
an Optional Content Properties dictionary. See attached patch. If nobody
complains I'll commit it in a few days.

--
Carlos Garcia Campos
   elkalmail at yahoo.es