[poppler] Poppler 0.8.2 released

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu May 1 08:17:49 PDT 2008

A Dimecres 30 Abril 2008, vàreu escriure:

> >> In acroread you can click on the number in text such as 'Figure 14'
> >> and get a popup annotation showing that figure.  There was some
> >> chatter about doing such stuff on the TeX groups a few months ago.
> >> Once it is visible a shift-click allows one to move it around.
>
> Albert> Does that really work? i tried with Acrobat and could achieve
> Albert> anything.
>
> My description above was empirical.  I determined it by actual testing
> of the PDFs the OP referenced.  I have:

What does OP mean? I'll assume you are talking about Ross' pdf files.

> http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/unix/8.x/8.1.2/AdobeReader_enu
>-8.1.2-1.i486.tar.bz2
>
> installed (by way of the Gentoo ebuild).

I have Adobe 8.1.2 too, could you tell EXACTLY what you do to use shift and a
click to move Figure 1 around?

I mean, i go to page with the moebius strip image, press shift+click over the
image, and try to drag/move/etc and nothing happens.

> >> The PDF also has intra-document links for each reference to its entry in
> >> the end notes and URL links in the endnotes for each referenced paper.
> >> Even pages with just the simple intra-document links also generate a
> >> SEGV.
>
> Albert> Show such a document to me, that's been working for ages.
>
> Again, xpdf compiled against libpoppler (Gentoo’s way of installing
> xpdf; I use git master libpoppler) does die on any page of the OP’s
> referenced PDFs where there is any annotation.  I listed the only
> types of annotations in those documents.  The full backtrace is:

That's not because of the internal links, it's just because the document is (i
think) malformed and we don't handle those malformedness gracefully.

> I didn’t post it initially because it lacks arguments.  I had presumed
> that it would be easy to duplicate.

It is.

> That exact bt occurs on any page of those PDFs which has any kind of
> annotation.

Not true, i have lots of PDF with annotations that work.

But as said, let's please concentrate on Ross' pdf first.

Albert