[poppler] Solving 8 chars maximum limit on a glyph representation

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat May 3 16:05:17 PDT 2008

Like Ross pdf showed, we have a maximum limit of 8 char for the representation
of a glyph, so even there's a char that identifies itself as \rightarrow
pdftotext only gives \rightar

I'm fixing this hardcoded limit with the attached patch. As side effects we're
having a speed boost as i stop copying things when calling
CharCodeToUnicode::mapToUnicode and lower memory usage as for each
CharCodeToUnicodeString now only the exact memory needed is used, not a fixed
8 like before.

I'm attaching the patch for further review. If noone disagrees i'll commit on
sunday 11.