[poppler] Printing with poppler on Windows

Krzysztof Kowalczyk kkowalczyk at gmail.com
Wed May 7 14:10:10 PDT 2008

I wrote Sumatra and native windows makefile for poppler (using slash
backend) and here's my advice: drop cairo and use slash backend on
windows. It's much easier to get working because it only depends on
libjpeg + zlib + freetype and when I checked in visual studio makefile
some time ago, it was working. I also provide pre-compiled
libjpeg+zlib+freetype libraries and detailed build instructions
(http://cgit.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/tree/README.windows).

I don't know if it still works - some changes might have broken
windows build, but I don't believe it would be hard to fix.

Your other option is mupdf. I recently contributed native windows
build there as well and it has the same dependencies on windows
(libjpeg+zlib+freetype).

--- kjk