[poppler] Loading documents from GInputStream?

Tommi Komulainen tko at litl.com
Mon May 12 09:08:36 PDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Leonard Rosenthol
<leonardr at pdfsages.com> wrote:
> On May 12, 2008, at 7:14 AM, Tommi Komulainen wrote:
> > > I think it would be a nice addition to have just not sure what kind of
> api
> > > we'd need.
> > >

> > Given the need for random access I guess you'd need to store the whole
> > file in memory anyway. And the getChar() implementation could just
> > block reading the stream when necessary. Would be simple, but far from
> > optimal.
> >

>         You could do that, but that would sort of remove the whole point,
> yes??

Well, not entirely. It would still allow getting started with
processing the document earlier, and if the document happens to be
linear the first pages could be displayed faster than waiting for the
whole document to finish downloading first before starting up the PDF
reader.

- Tommi