[poppler] Again on Mingw+Msys port.

carlo.bramix carlo.bramix at libero.it
Mon Oct 6 09:49:44 PDT 2008

Hello,
I decided to not give up about the remaining linking problem described into a previous set of emails.
At the end I discovered the problem and I was able to fix it.
For fixing it, libpoppler-cairo.la must be written before libpoppler.la into test/Makefile.am.
It seems to me that libpoppler-cairo.a is using some functions included into libpoppler.dll so there was a problem of precedence.
I got the idea after reading this chapter:

http://www.network-theory.co.uk/docs/gccintro/gccintro_18.html

Attached patch shows how I fixed the trouble.
With this fix, poppler is finally fully compliant with mingw-msys enviroment.
I admit that I had no chance to test it under linux, so I hope there will be no troubles...

Sincerely,

Carlo Bramini.