[poppler] (1) blurred text (2) ownership of TextBoxes

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Wed Oct 22 11:24:17 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> A Dimecres 22 Octubre 2008, vàreu escriure:
>> On 2008-10-21, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> > A Dimarts 21 Octubre 2008, Mark Summerfield va escriure:
[snip]
>> Another problem I've had is with resolution---poppler works at 72dpi but
>> QCoreApplication gives me 75dpi while QApplication gives me 96dpi on one
>> machine and 98dpi on another. What would help is if all the methods that
>> are dpi dependent could take dpi arguments. For example, you can pass
>> dpis to renderToImage() which is great, but not to
>> TextBox::boundingBox() which means you must do the conversion manually.
>
> All methods that are dpi dependent take dpi, that is, only the render method,
> that depending the dpi gives a bigger or smaller image, all the other rects
> give you a 0...1 range because it does not matter (or should not) at which
> dpi you paint them.
>
> At least that was the intented use/reason.

But if you call say, renderToImage(144, 144), and you want to locate a
particular TextBox in the resultant image, then you surely need to
scale the rect returned by TextBox::boundingBox() to account for the
fact that renderToImage() is using a different scale? For example, to
draw something on top of the image where a particular text box is
located. But the boundingBox() docs say it always works in terms of 72
dpi.

Separate topic: I wish it were possible to get vectors (SVG or
QPicture) from poppler.
--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd., www.qtrac.eu