[poppler] Ineficient rendering of page Effiziente Navigation mit OODBS

Petr Gajdos pgajdos at suse.cz
Tue Aug 11 08:35:59 PDT 2009

Hi list,

in our bugzilla I stumbled over PDF enclosed, where page 33 of this document
is shown very very slowly in both evince and xpdf (approx. 20-40s or even more
depending on computer performance).

The problem is caused by pdf file itself, yes. As you can see in the second
attachment, images in this pdf consist from many small pieces, for example the
only image on page 33 contains more than 160.000 such parts.

But some way how render it efficiently exists, because acroread reads it
somehow in few seconds. Is here someone interested? I am not experienced
enough :-(. If there is a chance to find someone who wants to look into that I
can create bugzilla entry for this feature.

Thanks,
Petr