[poppler] custom POPPLER_DATADIR (at runtime)

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Jan 9 03:10:10 PST 2009

I'd like to be able to set the POPPLER_DATADIR at runtime from the
application using poppler, rather than having this fixed at configure
time; this would be particularly helpful for building standalone,
relocatable applications for platforms such as Windows and Mac.

A simple way to allow this, I think, would be to add an optional path
parameter to the GlobalParams constructor; this will default to NULL,
in which case the existing behavior will be unchanged, but if the
client passes a string here then that will be used in place of the
compiled-in path.

The attached patch attempts to do this; please consider adding this,
or some other way to achieve the same goal. Thanks!

Jonathan