[poppler] Two patches related to glib interface API references and a question about embedded files

Thomas Viehmann tv at beamnet.de
Sat Jan 17 08:09:13 PST 2009

Hi Pino,

thanks for the quick reply.

Pino Toscano wrote:
> This represents the attached file of a AttachFile annotation (guess what it
> does :) ).
> For accessing those, you should create an new EmbFile object as the Qt4
> frontend does, ie
>    EmbFile *embfile = new EmbFile(aa->getFile(), aa->getContents());
> (where 'aa' is your AnnotFileAttachment.)
> Then the ownership is the EmbFile is callee's, just like it happens for the
> EmbFile's returned by Catalog.

Ok, so Catalog::embeddedFile(i) returns the EmbFile directly while
AnnotFileAttachment::getFile() returns an Object that I use to (only?)
instantiate an EmbFile from. My surprise is with having to do the step
myself (over even pass it down to the glib-API users) instead of the
poppler-library returning an EmbFile directly.
I'll follow the Qt4-bindings' lead. Thanks for the hints!

Kind regards

T.
--
Thomas Viehmann, http://thomas.viehmann.net/