[poppler] Poppler cache class

Carlos Garcia Campos carlosgc at gnome.org
Sun Jun 7 01:31:06 PDT 2009

El sáb, 06-06-2009 a las 16:33 +0200, Albert Astals Cid escribió:
> Hi, i've factored out the cache class Koji implemented for caching
> GfxICCBasedColorSpace and used it for PostScriptFunction results.
>
> This patch makes file from bug 21562 render in 8 seconds instead of 24 (still
> Adobe achieves 3) with a small 5 items cache.

sounds good :-) I wonder whether it might be used to cache other things
like patterns or XObjects. According to the pdf scpec XObjects can be
cached:

"A form XObject may be painted multiple times—either on several pages
or at several locations on the same page—and produces the same results
each
time, subject only to the graphics state at the time it is invoked. Not
only is this
shared definition economical to represent in the PDF file, but under
suitable cir-
cumstances the PDF consumer application can optimize execution by
caching the
results of rendering the form XObject for repeated reuse."

> Do you agree to commit?

sure!