[poppler] Annots & ownership of its objects

Pino Toscano pino at kde.org
Sun Jun 28 16:45:25 PDT 2009

Hi,

currently, an Annots object owns the various Annot* objects thus, if you want
to keep them, you have to keep the "parent" Annots object around as well.
My goal is to have each Annot object stored in each "wrapper" Annotation
object of the Qt4 frontend, but without the need to tie them to a Page object.
The less "destructive" solution I have so far is a takeAnnot() method (see
attached patch) which would get an Annot object and give its ownership to the
callee.
This also could help the glib frontend, which currently keeps an Annots object
around for each page.

What do you think?
--
Pino Toscano