[poppler] Can Poppler display coordinates of images in a PDF?

Robert Hawkins rh2305 at columbia.edu
Fri Mar 6 06:14:57 PST 2009

Is Poppler able to output the (x,y) coordinates of images embedded in PDFs?
 That is, if a PDF has an image at the bottom of one page and another image
at the top, can Poppler describe these boundaries?

I know of two ways to extract the images from the PDF:
(1) pdfimages
(2) pdftohtml

(1) seems to produce just the images
(2) produces page-sized images, with the embedded images positioned where
they appear in the PDF

Neither seems to describe the boundaries of the embedded images.  I also
looked through this mailing list's archives but did not find anything
relevant matching 'images' / 'coordinates' / 'location'.  Any guidance would
be appreciated.

Regards,

Rob