[poppler] Page::display function performance

Ilya Gorenbein igorenbein at finjan.com
Mon Mar 9 06:08:20 PDT 2009

Hello,

I need to extract the text out of the document/page.

I tried a void Page::display(OutputDev *out, double hDPI, double vDPI,

                  int rotate, GBool useMediaBox, GBool crop,

                   GBool printing, Catalog *catalog,

                   GBool (*abortCheckCbk)(void *data),

                   void *abortCheckCbkData,

                   GBool (*annotDisplayDecideCbk)(Annot *annot, void
*user_data),

                   void *annotDisplayDecideCbkData) ;

function (poppler version 0.10.4). When I measured performance of this
function, I've got ~1.5 Mb/sec on dual core 2.33GHz CPU, 2 Gb of RAM,
with kernel 2.6.24-17, Debian lenny distro.

Please, advice me how the performance of this function could be
improved. Is there another (cheaper) way to extract text out of the
document/page.

Thanks,

Ilya Gorenbein

Software Developer