[poppler] Page::display function performance

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Mar 10 13:14:41 PDT 2009

A Dimarts, 10 de març de 2009, Ilya Gorenbein va escriure:
> Thanks for the quick reply. I am using TextOutputDev .
> Attached is a callgrind profiler output. As you can see the most of the
> time at function Page::displaySlice is spent on Gfx::display and
> Page::createGfx.

Yeah, 33% of the time is spent creating the font list of the document on
startup and then 50% going though the document itself, at first sight seems
like opSetFillColorSpace could be bypassed if we are interesed in text, the
problem is that TextWord class also stores the color of the text. The font
thing is the same, so i don't see anything obvious that could just be "cut"
and still retain functionality.

Probably there are lots of places that can get you speedups if you tweak them
a bit but don't know where.

If you have patches we can have a look at them, otherwise i can't help much
more because i've lots of more important things on my todo.