[poppler] thumbnails

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Wed May 20 12:53:01 PDT 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth at adobe.com> wrote:
> We don’t support GPU on that configuration, which is why you aren’t seeing
> it.

Well the thumbnails should still be cached, regardless of whether the
GPU or the CPU generated them.

What I would really like, in addition to that, is a preference
checkbox to set whether it will use resizable thumbnails or the ones
from the PDF.

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth at adobe.com> wrote:
> Because not all renderers are created equal – see the recent discussion on
> this list about color management...

I don't think color accuracy is very important for thumbnails, in
comparison to speed.  This is another good reason for a setting, so
the user can decide which is more important: speed or accuracy.