[poppler] glib movie support.

Sam Kaplan skaplan at ualberta.ca
Tue Nov 10 10:02:10 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 18:18 +0100, Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:
> Excerpts from Sam Kaplan's message of lun nov 09 02:01:34 +0100 2009:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi Sam,
>
> > I found a couple of problems in the patch that I sent yesterday.  Please
> > find attached an updated patch (patch-movie).
>
> Thank you very much for the patch. Hugo Mercier already made a patch
> for this some time ago, see:
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/poppler/2008-August/004012.html
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/poppler/2008-September/004064.html

Thank-you very much for the links!

> I haven't had time to look at your patch in detail yet, so I don't
> know whether it's the same thing that Hugo wrote, but it's probably a
> good time to take this up again.

It looks like there is overlap.  For example, we both wrote
poppler-movie.h/.c files.  Hugo's poppler-movie.h/.c files are more
complete then mine.  When I get time (which is limited due to my PhD
theses work), I'll work to use Hugo's poppler-movie.h/.c files in-place
of mine.

I generated my pdf example using the LaTeX movie15 package.  This
package seems to generate movies that are accessed by the
'Annot::typeScreen'.  Hugo's patch uses the 'Annot::typeMovie'.  This
led me to add AnnotScreen code, while Hugo's patch adds AnnotMovie code.
So, from this point of view the patches compliment each other (unless I
made a mistake).

Maybe we can make these into three patches.  1) Hugo's
poppler-movie.h/.c files. 2) Hugo's AnnotMovie code. 3) Sam's
AnnotScreen code.

Thanks,

Sam