[poppler] [Help] How can I compile poppler on win32 platform!

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Thu Nov 26 00:41:20 PST 2009

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009, Shen Liang wrote:

> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/poppler/2009-October/005187.html
It's said poppler can be compiled on mingw+cygwin. But I didn't try.
I've tried use mingw+sys on windows and mingw on ubuntu, but both failed.

i've just tried and poppler 0.12.2 compiles on windows xp using MSYS/MinGW

there's a problem with hte detection of libpng, though:

checking for libpng... (cached) no
./configure: line 18741: normal: command not found
configure: WARNING:
There is an installation error in png support. You seem to have only one of
either the headers _or_ the libraries installed. You may need to either provide
correct --with-extra-... options, or the development package of libpng.
You can get a source package of libpng from
http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html
Disabling PNG support.

i've not dig in it. But i don't understand why pkg_config is not used for
the detection of libpng

Vincent Torri