[poppler] Problems on Mac Os X

Gwenaël Cléon gcleon at les-domlols.com
Sun Sep 20 06:13:03 PDT 2009

Hello,

I previously compiled poppler with poppler-qt4 (that I need) on Mac Os
X Leopard (10.5).
Now that I upgraded to 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have a lot of problems so :

- I recompiled Qt 4.6 with 64 bits option
- I recompiled manually all required librairies (fontconfig, freetype,
libxml2, libpng, libjpeg, ...)
- I finally have a successful ./configure --enable-poppler-qt4 --
enable-zlib :

Building poppler with support for:
   splash output:      yes
   cairo output:       yes
   abiword output:     no
   qt wrapper:         no
   qt4 wrapper:        yes
   glib wrapper:       yes
     use GDK:          no
   use gtk-doc:        no
   use libjpeg:        yes
   use libpng:         yes
   use zlib:           yes
   use libopenjpeg:    no
   use cms:            no
   command line utils: yes

   Warning: Using zlib is not totally safe
   Warning: Using libopenjpeg is recommended

Then at compilation, everything seems to work fine, until the poppler-
page.cc file :

poppler-page.cc: In function ‘GBool image_draw_decide_cb(int, void*)’:
poppler-page.cc:1330: error: cast from ‘void*’ to ‘gint’ loses precision
make[4]: *** [poppler-page.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

It would be very helpful if someone could have an explanation to this
(or someone managed to compile with Qt4 on snow leopard).

Thank you very much