[poppler] Allow quality & progressive mode to be utilised in JpegWriter

Harry Roberts harry.roberts at midnight-labs.org
Sat Apr 24 06:02:17 PDT 2010

Hi all,

 Attached is a patch which allows quality & progressive mode to be set in
JpegWriter.
 Another writeImgFile method is added to SplashBitmap which allows a
pre-created ImgWriter to be passed (e.g. a JpegWriter with custom
quality/progressive mode settings), deletion of the ImgWriter is moved into
the writeImgFile method which creates it.
 This is backwards compatible with current applications using JpegWriter or
SplashBitmap::writeImgFile.

 I've been using something similar in an application for about a month, but
avoided using SplashBitmap::writeImgFile because I needed to do resampling
and post-processing before hand, with this patch it'll allow me to create
(for example) ResamplingImgWriter to resample it before passing it onto
another ImgWriter, thus avoiding the duplication that I have at the moment
(and generally allowing much more flexibility or new image-output formats
without modifying poppler).

Many Regards,
- Harry Roberts
- Midnight Labs.