[poppler] "Addition of stream::getChars" patch breaking lots of PDFs

Harry Roberts harry at midnight-labs.org
Thu Aug 5 12:00:34 PDT 2010

Just to give you all a heads up I've had to revert (in my local branch) the
code which used getRawChars because it's breaking a huge number of PDFs.

See Albert's e-mail from 14 Jun:
http://www.mail-archive.com/poppler@lists.freedesktop.org/msg03784.html

Has anybody else experienced this? I normally pull changes in from the main
git repo every few weeks when I do test builds but only got round to
debugging it today.

e.g. the error:

Internal: called getRawChars() on non-predictor stream

It looks quite trivial to implement `getRawChars` on regular `Streams`, but
I've not tried it locally yet.