[poppler] Accessibility of PDF documents (corrected patch attached)

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Tue Aug 10 22:23:15 PDT 2010

On Wednesday 11 August 2010 02:32:42 pm leena chourey wrote:
> Can anybody help me to understand the file utilis/pdftohtml.1. We wanted to
> know the purpose of .1 files and how much important to modify this whenever
> we do changes in related files like pdftohtml.cc and others.
It is a "man" page file. The number (.1) indicates the section of the manual
pages that it comes from. Type "man man" for more information on the manual
system.

Its a very old format, almost certainly implemented by "groff" on your system.
Read the man pages for "groff" and "groff_man" for more information on the
processing system and the format.

In general, you should update this file whenever you add or change a user-
visible option. Its basically the usage documentation, so if usage changes,
then the documentation should change.

Brad