[poppler] Possible rendering bug

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Aug 12 10:48:48 PDT 2010

A Dijous, 12 d'agost de 2010, Max Nicosia va escriure:
> Hello Albert,

Hi

Please never mail me only again, always mail the mainling list.

> The poppler version is 0.14.0

You are two versions behind.

> Well I put it as a rendering bug, because I can trace it back to when
> poppler reads the file and sets the text buffers that passes to evince.

Then we don't have a common definition of rendering. Rendering to me is "what
gets shown on screen".

> I am not completely sure if it is a rendering bug or not, it's just that
> the text that is passed to evince is already in that order, so when
> iterating through it from evince, the text is not in the right order. This
> only happens in some pdf files, so I guess there is something that
> confuses the parser. (Just my idea)

The text extractor was modified recently, can you go back to say 0.12.0 and
see if you have the same problem?

> Let me know if you need more info.

Albert