[poppler] pdftocairo - Updated Patches

Stefan Thomas thomas at txtbear.com
Fri Aug 20 00:42:43 PDT 2010

  Hey,

>> "pdftocairo -ps http://m.je/test.pdf" will try to create http://m.je/test.ps
> I agree that 99% of such commands are accidentally executed
> by the mistakes and fail simply, because the http servers are
> not configured as WebDAV servers. However, if the full pathname
> should be reflected to the output, it is reasonable for curl
> library users to try to write the output on the remote servers.

curl is only used for input. pdftocairo outputs using fopen which
doesn't support WebDAV. Or any URLs for that matter. So what it does is
it looks for a subdirectory in the current folder called "http:" and
then fails.

Failure is not good default behavior.

>> 2. Adrian's way: Create outRoot from input filename. [...]
> I vote to this way.

Ok, I tend to agree. But I am looking for input on how to make it
robust? Perhaps looking for "://" and falling back to "cairoout" in that
case would work. The dot-suffix cutoff does work reasonably well for
local files.

Right now I mostly just don't want to waste too much time on this.

Cheers,

Stefan