[poppler] Chinese characters broken

mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Sun Aug 22 05:46:39 PDT 2010

Taking a glance on the PDF, I think it's not good example.

1) Well known Chinese font "SimSun" which breaks its designed
shape by lack of TrueType hinter is embedded.

2) The PDF is produced in poorly localized environment.
Checking the embedded font list, SimSun (Serif for Chinese)
and MSGothic (Sans Serif for Japanese) are mixed. You can
find the main text is typesetted by different typefaces of
different baseline!

Regards,
mpsuzuki