[poppler] Chinese characters broken

mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Mon Aug 23 23:12:06 PDT 2010

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 23:21:23 +0100
Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
>Okular maintainer speaking: This is set to false on purpose because lots of
>people came in giving shit that non hinted fonts looked better. One can't make
>everyone happy.

Thank you for important comment. I've checked the mail
list of Okular and found a discussion about default
hinting for DVI document:

  http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/okular-devel/2009-October/004913.html

# Although my English is very poor, but the discussion
# looks like flaming. I thank Albert for keeping me from
# posting there before the consideration. I was walking
# into a mine field.

And, you proposed to add a configuration option for Okular
to enable hint/disable hint/follow-to-KDE-setting. I think
it's good idea and what CJK people having tricky font issue
want to have really. But I could not find anybody agreed
with your idea. It's a pity.

Regards,
mpsuzuki