[poppler] Chinese characters broken

mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Tue Aug 24 09:32:32 PDT 2010

Hi,

Just I've added 4 rasterization results by pdftocairo
for additional sample PDFs you referred. Please check:
	https://www.codeblog.org/blog/mpsuzuki/images/20100824_2.png
	https://www.codeblog.org/blog/mpsuzuki/images/20100824_3.png
	https://www.codeblog.org/blog/mpsuzuki/images/20100824_4.png
	https://www.codeblog.org/blog/mpsuzuki/images/20100824_5.png

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 23:59:26 +0800 (CST)
ddreamer at ms93.url.com.tw wrote:
>It is the duty of an end-user to report a problem with
>as much information as possible. We can also help testing.

Indeed. I appreciate your attitude.

>After all, feedback from the end-user is important for the
>improvement of a program, right?

Indeed.

>At least, I know where to report the character disappearing problem.
>Thanks for your comments anyway.

I think I could not reproduced the character disappearing
problem. Is it right?

>May I ask how you can read PDF files without configuring desktop
>environment like GNOME or KDE?

To view PDF, I use xpdf (prebuilt binary package by Debian),
ghostscript (built & configured by myself), and sometimes
Adobe Reader. None of them require libkdecore or libgnome.

Regards,
mpsuzuki