[poppler] Building poppler-qt4 wrapper in windows vista with mingw and msys

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Aug 27 11:22:44 PDT 2010

A Divendres, 27 d'agost de 2010, Carlos Rega va escriure:
> poppler-bounces+carlos.rega=malvern.com at lists.freedesktop.org wrote on
>
> 26/08/2010 19:34:38:
> > > I run configure as:
> > >
> > > ./configure --enable-poppler-qt4
> > > POPPLER_QT4_CXXFLAGS=-I/c/Qt/4.6.2/include
> > > POPPLER_QT4_CXXFLAGS=-L/c/Qt/4.6.2/lib
> > >
> > > When it gets to detecting qt4 I get the following error:
> > >
> > > configure:20472: checking for POPPLER_QT4
> > > configure:20541: error: in `/c/Users/crega/workspace/poppler-0.14.2':
> > > configure:20552: error: The pkg-config script could not be found or is
> > > too old. Make sure it
> > > is in your PATH or set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable to the full
> > > path to pkg-config.
> > >
> > > Alternatively, you may set the environment variables POPPLER_QT4_CFLAGS
> > > and POPPLER_QT4_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> > > See the pkg-config man page for more details.
> > >
> > > To get pkg-config, see <http://pkg-config.freedesktop.org/>.
> > > See `config.log' for more details.
> > >
> > > I have set the env variables in the call to configure, and checking in
> > > config.log the variables are set, the Qt installation is working,
> > > because I build my app with it, so I am at a loss how to build the Qt4
> > > wrapper. I would appreciate any pointers as to what I should try next.
> >
> > No, you have not set the environtment variables, read a bash manual.
> > (Hint: put them in front of the call)
>
> For some reason the e-mail got mangled, the command above is all in one
> line, so the env vars get passed to config:
>
> ./configure --enable-poppler-qt4 POPPLER_QT4_CXXFLAGS=-I/c/Qt/4.6.2/include
> POPPLER_QT4_CXXFLAGS=-L/c/Qt/4.6.2/lib
>
> (BTW I first tried setting them in bash with export before calling
> configure, but that didn't work either, it gives the same error)
>
> From config.log this is what configure sees:
>
> $ ./configure --enable-poppler-qt4
> POPPLER_QT4_CXXFLAGS=-I/c/Qt/4.6.2/include
> POPPLER_QT4_LIBS=-L/c/Qt/4.6.2/lib

AFAIK This is not the proper way, as i said the proper way is putting them in
from of the command.

$ POPPLER_QT4_CXXFLAGS=-I/c/Qt/4.6.2/include POPPLER_QT4_LIBS=-
L/c/Qt/4.6.2/lib ./configure --enable-poppler-qt4

> and further from config.log:
>
> <config.log extract>
> ac_cv_env_POPPLER_QT4_LIBS_set=set
> ac_cv_env_POPPLER_QT4_LIBS_value=-L/c/Qt/4.6.2/lib
> </config.log extract>
>
> <config.log extract>
> POPPLER_QT4_CXXFLAGS='-I/c/Qt/4.6.2/include'
> POPPLER_QT4_LIBS='-L/c/Qt/4.6.2/lib'
> </config.log extract>
>
> so it would appear that configure has seen the variables. config.log is
> rather large, but I can post it if that will be any help.
>
> It seems to be (I understand very little of autoconf/automake et all) that
> there is something else needed, another variable that needs setting, so
> that configure can find Qt4, but I can't figure out what is missing from
> the information I have found.

AFAIR moc needs to be in the path.

> > Also, please stop sending nosense in the footer of your emails or i
> > would not be able to answer in the future.
> > Albert
>
> I am not able to switch that off, our notes server attaches it. I have
> changed to using my yahoo e-mail to stop that from happening.

Thanks :-)

Albert