[poppler] Followup Bug 32349 & Poppler: More shading fun ;-)

Thomas Freitag Thomas.Freitag at kabelmail.de
Tue Dec 28 05:04:15 PST 2010

Am 27.12.2010 19:40, schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> A Dilluns, 27 de desembre de 2010, Thomas Freitag va escriure:
>> Thanks for immediately starting regtesting.
>> Thought You're in xmas vacation or have enough to do releasing 0.16.0.
>>
>> Here the correction for the artefacts by pdftoppm, I made a small
>> mistake when optimizing my code.
> Found some more problems, i found a pdf in which it seems that a circle is not
> totally filled, sending you the files.
>
> Albert
Playing once again patch ping pong with You. Hope, we can finish the
game until end of this week :-)
This PDF was a real headscratcher: Okay, I had some rounding problems
calculating the size of the bitmap needed for the pattern. But that
wasn't the main reason. The main reason was that only the half of the
circles are painted with radial pattern, and the clipping path was
exactly on the diameter and the outer line of the circle. Therefore the
use antialiasing has the effect, that is seems that the circles are not
totally filled. You can see that in the middle line of the circles with
the former patch.
Because there is no way to decide on the values of the shading
parameters wether to use antialiasing or not, I changed my mind with
heavy heart not using antialiasing on radial shading pattern. At least
the wine glass is still looking better.

Please try the new attached patch,
Thomas